Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Week 5: Sloppy Joes for Sloppy Jets


Okay.  I was wrong.  I can admit it.  Or rather, I have had to admit it several times since the end of this game.

I don’t particularly care for BenJarvus Green-Ellis.  I don’t know why.  Maybe it’s because he has so many names.  Or maybe it’s because I think “The Law Firm” is a pretty dumbass nickname.  Maybe I don’t even have what some people would refer to as “a sane reason.”  Some things just are.


136 yards and 2 rushing touchdowns later, I am eating crow.  Lots and lots of it. 

I guess he is okay. 



In honor of Sexy Rexy and the Jets, we are making Sloppy Joes!  New York isn’t exactly known for Sloppy Joes - but New Jersey is.  They are also known for “Disco Fries.”  I, and most everyone I know, refer to these as Poutine or Gravy Fries, but leave it to New Jersey to come up with the most ridiculous colloquialisms.  Since I already blogged about fries once, just scroll down to that recipe, add Mozzarella and Gravy, and Voila! Disco Fries.  


Sloppy Joes

Ingredients:
  • ¾ Lb Ground Beef
  • ¼ Cup Onion, diced
  • ¼ Cup Green Pepper, diced
  • ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • ¾ Cup Ketchup
  • 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Potato Rolls



Directions:
1. Brown Meat, Onion and Peppers in a pan.
2. Add the rest.  Simmer 20 minutes before serving on Potato Rolls.



Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment