Ashley, Erica, Jess and I + Candy = Amazing! Honestly, after this weekends cooking and crafting, I think we deserve a cool nickname. Like the 4 Horsewomen of the Hearth or something equally cheesy. Check these out:
That is the best looking neighborhood since Mr. Rogers went off the air. From left to right we have The Peppermint House (Mansfield Manor), The Gaga House (Hoser Hut), The Gingy House (Chateau Cordell) and the Candy House (Chez OB).
The only team that played better than us ladies on Sunday were the Patriots. They rocked. Well, they rocked for 3 quarters, which was enough to win. Gronk had a 3 TD down day and although he didn’t set a record for 3 receiving touchdowns in a game by a TE, he did tie Antonio Gates and Vernon Davis for most receiving TD’s in a season by a TE with 13. I sincerely hope Gates and Davis aren’t too attached to that record. Brady didn't set any major records (comparatively), but he did move into a tie for Sixth Place with Warren Moon on the All Time Touchdown Pass List.
I have great news: Gronk is coming to Worcester! Booyah! Gronk will spike the puck on February 24th before the Worcester Sharks host the Providence Bruins. The Sharks are also reimbursing Gronk $7,500 for his famous spike against the Jets. For more information, click here: http://www.sharksahl.com/story.asp?story_id=2874
We started the day having Calzones and White and Red Pizzas from Buonos Italian Bakery in Providence, RI. You can’t bake better bread than the Buono family does. If you haven’t tried it before, stop by next time you are in the Providence area. http://buonosbakery.com/aboutus.htm
Our Friends Eric and Erica made some fabulous Wings and Cole slaw. For these recipes and more, check out :https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Improper-Chef/205571772839179
Dan and I made Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches and Indiana Potato Salad. The Pork Tenderloin sandwich is our own recipe and the Indiana Potato Salad is adapted from Allrecipes user AnnBarbara. You can find the original recipe here http://allrecipes.com/recipe/indiana-potato-salad/detail.aspx , or try our kicked-up version below.
Indiana Potato Salad
- 8 Large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Green Onion, chopped
- 8 Slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Celery Salt
1. Peel and cube potatoes. Boil for 8 minutes or until slightly tender. Drain and let dry.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. In a large bowl, combine Potatoes, Cheese, Onion, Mayonnaise, Sour Cream, Salt, Pepper and Celery Salt Mix well.
4. Pour the Potato mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Top with Bacon bits and bake for 1 hour or until cheese is browned.
*Next time we plan on adding 1 teaspoon of Creamed Horseradish to the mixture before baking. If you try it let me know your thoughts!
Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- 8 Thin Sliced Boneless Pork Loin Chops
- 8 Potato Rolls
- 1 Quart Buttermilk
- 2 Cups Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Mustard Powder
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Dill Pickle Slices
- Yellow Mustard
- Thin Sliced Onion
1. Using a meat tenderizer, pound each tenderloin to between ⅛” and ¼” thickness. Place in the bottom of a 9x13” pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine Buttermilk, Mustard Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper, Marjoram and Cayenne. Pour over the tenderloins and cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
3. In a large pan, warm oil for frying. While the temperature is increasing pour breadcrumbs into a pan. Dredge tenderloins in the breadcrumbs and drop into the oil frying for 2-3 minutes per side in batches of 2.
4. Prepare each Bun with Mayonnaise, Mustard, Dill Pickle Slices, Onion and Tomato, add the warm tenderloin and serve immediately.